Ekiga3 and webcamd working (was: [FreeBSD 8/9] USB webcamd and video4bsd: Call for testing)

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Tue Feb 2 09:05:19 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 08:21:53 Curtis Villamizar wrote:
> Still playing with my netbook.  I now have Ekiga3 running with
> webcamd, video4bsd, libv4l.
>
> The patches are *not* quite ready for prime time but if you also do a
> "setenv LDFLAGS '-L /usr/local/lib'" or equiv for your shell it will
> all work.  The configure and Makefiles may need to be patched in
> plugins/vidinput_v4l2 may need to be changed to have /usr/local/lib
> added to the library search path correctly.
>
> The patches are applied to devel/ptlib26 and are all tiny changes.  A
> few less PTRACE lines in vidinput_names.cxx might have been plenty.
>
> The sound_oss.cxx patch creates four entries with dsp0, dsp1, dsp2,
> dsp3, rather than four entries each with dsp0 in it.
>
> The patches aren't quite right but it gets ekiga3 running with V4L2
> for now.  That said, I haven't tried a call yet, just the "View ->
> Show Call Panel" and "View -> Local Video".
>
> Curtis

One comment:

See the recent patches for the mplayer port, how to use libv4l1 and libv4l2
for /dev/video access. If you don't use this library, which is now in
/usr/ports/multimedia/libv4l, you might get trouble getting the picture from
your webcam.

Else your patches look good. I would suggest you call it "video4linux 2"
support, instead of video4bsd support.

--HPS

http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20100131.tar.bz2