CFT: New mplayer version

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 2 15:05:04 UTC 2010

Thomas:

On the plus side, the new vp8 codec support seems to be working: I've
been able to view format 43 and 45 webm videos from youtube without
problems.  However, seeking in at least mp4 and flv videos, and
possibly others, is less robust than in the earlier snapshot: I've
experienced problems similar to those described by other users on the
MPlayer-users mailing list in the past couple of months.  My vote
would be to go ahead with the update, but to continue to monitor the
mplayer repository and mailing lists for solutions to these
regressions, which could be incorporated in a subsequent update to the
port -- at this point,  I think that the improvements outweigh the
regressions.

Regards,
              b.