Call for Testers: MythTV 0.23 for FreeBSD

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Thu Apr 8 06:34:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 00:28:17 +0200, Torfinn Ingolfsen
<torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:51:08 +0200
> Bernhard Froehlich <decke at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi multimedia,
>>
>> The MythTV developers have shortened their release cycles and are
already
>> preparing for their 0.23 release. So this is a good time to test all
the
>> new things and give some feedback of how it works for you.
>
> Ok, initial testing of the 'mythtv' port.
> The first time I did 'portinstall -R mythtv' it failed because the
> newly installed mysql-server couldn't be started (because it is missing
> a mysql_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf). Not sure how this should be
> handled.
> Output from portinstall command:
> cd config/ && gmake -f Makefile install
> gmake[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv/work/mythtv-0.23-rc1/config'
> gmake[1]: `install' is up to date.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv/work/mythtv-0.23-rc1/config'
> Added group "mythtv".
> Added user "mythtv".
> *** Unable to start mysqld
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portinstall20100407-13314-1tk5bv4-0 env make reinstall
> ** Fix the installation problem and try again.
> ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> 	! multimedia/mythtv	(install error)

Yes, I know about this problem but I'm not aware of any better solution
because the install script creates the database and this needs that the
database is running. We could only drop that feature and tell the user to
manually create the database.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/