configure (was: Re: Call for Testers: MythTV 0.22 )

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Sat Nov 21 06:04:07 UTC 2009

In message <c39ec84c0911201108o2c66c985gd96baf94f5148ba at mail.gmail.com>, usleepless at gmail.com writes:

>  - configure uses a yet unknown to me method to create the .c-test-file and
> gcc-command. it does not include /usr/local/include by default

I suppose -multimedia@ isn't the best place to whine about configure,
but I'm going to anyway.  :-)

Configure is nice when it works, but when it breaks (which happens
all too often), it is a major pain to figure out what is going on
behind the scenes and find a fix, even a kludgy fix.  Is there a
How-to-debug-configure-for-dummies out there somewhere?  Or is
configure intended to be the replacement source of frustration now
that we have postfix and can avoid beating our heads against sendmail.cf?