p5-xmltv - old?

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Mon Nov 16 18:30:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, November 16, 2009 6:20 pm, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Bernhard Froehlich
> <decke at bluelife.at>wrote:
>
>> Builds fine in my 7-stable/i386 tinderbox. I've checked which ports are
>> depending on p5-xmltv [1] and checked if that update could affect them.
>>
>> deskutils/ontv: NOTOK using tv_grab_be
>> misc/freeguide: OK using tv_cat
>> multimedia/freevo: OK using tv_cat
>> multimedia/mythtv: OK using tv_check
>> multimedia/tv_grab_au: OK using tv_check
>>
>> The only one that definitely needs fixing is ontv. The others look good.
>>

> And that one (ontv) has gnome@ as the maintainer.
> How should this be handled; should I send a mail to the gnome list first,
> before sending in the PR?
> Or should I just send the PR and then send a mail telling them that the
> ontv port will / might be affected?

Both should be valid but the former is probably a bit faster. At least
tell someone of the gnome@ team about it. I've seen that the ontv version
is already quite outdated so it probably makes sense to update it to the
latest version when you're at it. So go ahead and contact the gnome@
people - irc is usually the fastest.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich