cant burn a cd iso

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jun 29 19:36:29 UTC 2009

Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de> wrote:

> > > Are there no updates on FreeBSD?
> >

> The main reason for still defaulting to cdrtools 2.01 is
> to provider a known-good mkisofs for release engineering,
> especially since we've already been bitten by IIRC a
> third-party archiver in the past. My experience was that

Then I cannot understand why FreeBSD still stays with the old version of
mkisofs.

Stying with the old version means staying with old bugs.

> the 2.01.01 alpha series mkisofs didn't always seem
> suitable for this purpose, actually even the cdrtools
> release notes discouraged its use from time to time.

There was a period of less than 6 months starting from August 2006
where I replaced the buggy GNU getopt_long() with my mature getargs()
that resulted in replacing 3000 old lines by 1000 new lines and introduced
a few temporary incompatibilities.

> The other reason is that for over a year now the 2.01.01
> alpha release notes indicate a non-alpha release being
> imminent, i.e. it didn't look like we'd use 2.01 for
> yet another year:
> <...>
> NEW features of cdrtools-2.01.01a41:

I don't understand - sorry.

2.01 is dead since more than 5 years, I don't recommend to use it anymore since
more than 2 years.

Jörg