kern/135556: [snd_hda] Sound (mostly) broken w/ snd_hda on -CURRENT

Joseph S. Atkinson jsa.bsd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:50:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR kern/135556; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Atkinson" <jsa.bsd at gmail.com>
To: Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/135556: [snd_hda] Sound (mostly) broken w/ snd_hda on -CURRENT
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:44:11 -0400

 Alexander Motin wrote:
 >> If you know a way of disabling the HDMI port, preventing it from even
 >> being probed, it might help me.
 >
 > To stop some pin from being used you can boot with verbose messages
 > enabled to get pin node ID of HDMI codec and then add to loader.conf
 > something like:
 > hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid%d.config="as=0"

 I got a chance to play with this today. I couldn't get the hardware to disable,
 but the issue appears to have "evaporated". My audio is working fine now with
 nothing more than hw.pcm.default_unit=1 in sysctl.conf again.

 This PR can now be closed.

 Thanks mav.