Call for testers: MythTV 0.21 port upgrade

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Sun Jan 18 04:24:47 PST 2009

> OK, I've built mythtv-frontend.  On a machine with no prior
> installation, it finds the machine running a MythTV 0.21 back end (how?).
> I needed to extract the password to the MySQL database
> from the back end, but then it seems to work.
upnp calls I think, the mythbackend announces its self via upnp (in
yukki windows and icon appears in my network places)

> On another machine, where I have a MySQL server with an old version of
> the mythconverg database, I can't start it: it connects to the
> database, finds that it's the wrong version, and stops again.  I
> suspect that I could fix that with mythtv-setup, but the port doesn't
> install it.  Would it be difficult to get it to do so?
This is usually handles my the updated mythbackend, it automatically
updated my database when moving from 0.20 to 0.21...  There are
instructions in the UPGRADING file within the extracted sources if your
last release was older than 0.20

> Also, every time I stop the front end, it SIGSEGVs.  I haven't
> investigated why.
Aye, this happens on the old .20 release and the pre-released 0.21 and
now this version.  Its not really a problem just need to tidy up the
core dumps.

How do you find the livetv does yours stutter after some adverts fade to
black ?  I have found the only way to recover is to switch inputs or
come out of livetv then re enter it, a tad annoying. -- It does not
happen on recorded stuff.

Cheers

Craig B