HDTV tuners (was: Re: Call for testers: MythTV 0.21 port upgrade )

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Fri Jan 2 07:26:32 UTC 2009

> This may be a bit off topic but I saw the thread and I had to ask,
> is there any decent HDTV tv cards that Work in FreeBSD 7.1 or even 8?

There is Jason's cx88 driver (in ports), which supports several cards,
some support ATSC, some support DVB, some support NTSC.

Supported OSes:
http://corona.homeunix.net/cx88wiki

Supported cards:
http://corona.homeunix.net/cx88wiki/Overview/SupportedCards

There is John-Mark's driver for the DViCO FusionHDTV5.

Not a "card" but the HDHomeRun is a small box with 2 ATSC/QAM tuners
that connects to 100 Mbps or faster Ethernet.  The HDHR has no analog
tuner capability.  There is a DVB version in the works, I don't know
what the status is.  The HDHR doesn't require a special device driver
in the kernel, just Ethernet.