WIP: DVB-C support

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Dec 30 10:16:45 UTC 2009

Opps ... http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/mantis.tgz there you go.

> > BTW, the bridge chip supported by the kernel part (TwinHan/Digimove
> > Mantis) is quite common in the consumer cards market.  It should
> > support most of the Technisat *Star product line, as well as some
> > Terratec Cinergy products.  But you'd obviously need a different
> > userland to support the tuner/demods on these cards.
>
> Hmm, it would be interesting to see if my Cinergy 1200 DVB-C is
> detected.

If this is the one with PCI ID 0x1178, you should be in luck.  Simply put the
right vendor and card id in the probe routine and you should be golden.  As
far as I can tell, this card even uses the same tuner/demod combination.
Might be a tda10021 demod, however.  In which case you might need some slight
changes to the userland part.  It should start, though.

./vp2040
MAC [XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX]
pwm = 0xe4
id = 0x7d

If it gives 0x7d as id, it is the tda10023 (the one I have).  For other
tuner/demod combis refer to the v4l mecurial repo referenced in the README.
Porting is a matter of copy&paste and some replacements.

Let me know how it goes.

--
 Max