MythTV

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:39:46 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Anders Troback <freebsd at troback.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry to disturb you but I have a minor question about MythTV!
>
> For a long time ago someone in the mutlimedia at freebsd.org list (I
> think it was at least) wrote about that they had MyhTV running with
> Postgresql instead of MySQL!

Correct, thas was me.  On mythtv-0.18 if I remember correctly. I am running
.22 now, and have given up on the PostgreSQL support. Sadly there is running
an instance of ...MySQL ( yuck! ) on my box now.... MySQL sucks and Monty
has always been an ass!

If you are interested in reviving this, I might be able to help and maybe I
can dig up some old hacks of mine ( basically it was a big "find and
replace" piece of code which hacked the SQL before it got sent off to PGSQL.

regards,

usleep