mplayer SVN plays video too fast on FreeBSD

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:34:14 UTC 2009

2009/12/7 Andrius Morkūnas <hinokind at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:45:48 +0200, Tom Evans <tevans.uk at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Most of the changes in that diff are fbsd fixes - I'm a bit surprised
>> your mplayer works properly/efficiently without the bswap fix (it will
>> be using the naive C version). I'll try recompiling the whole package
>> with -DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS. I don't think the number of configure
>> options are affecting it, but I'll try a minimal version as well, just
>> to see.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Not the number of configure options, but maybe there is a particular option
> that causes problems, and with so many of them, it's hard to tell.
> Afaik -DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS is amd64-only thing, I didn't see what arch you
> are running on (maybe I just fail at reading). Considering the number of
> patches it looks like i386, since last time I checked it required more work
> (local patches) than amd64 version.
> I'm not an expert and I didn't look at local patches for mplayer too much,
> just making it compile was the goal, and it works now. Performance is good.
> It's not significantly faster/slower than whatever I've tried on Windows.
>
> --
> Andrius

It's amd64 - I actually already had -DBROKEN_LOCATIONS as one of the
diffs, in the libavcodec Makefile. This was to apply it to the whole
build and see if it helped - it didn't :/

I applied all the patches that were in the ports directory that were
sane and still valid as far as I could tell from the new code and the
cvs log of the patch - most weren't necessary any more, but I guess
the FreeBSD specific bug fix ones hadn't been merged upstream.

Can you tell me what revision you are currently running? I'll try that
revision, see if it works and bisect the breaking change. svnversion
in the checkout, or I think it is printed each time you run mplayer.

Cheers

Tom