strict signatures for kobj methods in sound subsystem

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Apr 15 11:17:17 PDT 2009

In message: <49E62215.4010309 at icyb.net.ua>
            Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> writes:
:
: Please review the attached, largely mechanical, patch for sound subsystem.
: This patch is supposed to make all functions that implement kobj methods have
: strictly the same signatures as defined by the interfaces.
:
: The only non-mechanical change is in sys/dev/sound/pcm/channel_if.m: usage of
: setformat method in channel.c shows that this method is supposed to return error
: number and so int is more appropriate return type than u_int32_t.
: E.g.:
:                  r = CHANNEL_SETFORMAT(c->methods, c->devinfo, sndbuf_getfmt(b));
:                  if (r == 0)
:                          r = chn_tryspeed(c, c->speed);
:          return r;
:  } else
:          return EINVAL;

My only comment is that it might be a good time to change the
u_int32_t to uint32_t.  Otherwise I think this is good.  I've been
trying to get the problems in the tree like this fixed so we can turn
that feature on going forward...

Warner