k3b does not find device

marco.borsatino at libero.it marco.borsatino at libero.it
Sat Apr 11 01:38:30 PDT 2009

Hi.
On my FreeBSD 7.1 box k3b refuses to find my burning device, which present
and works with DesktopBSD (same PC different slice). I've tried to understand
why DTBSD finds the device and FBSD does not, but I could non find the answer.

Access permissions to the device are total:
[root at odino /dev]# ll acd0
crw-rw-
rw-  1 root  operator    0,  80 Apr 11 10:02 acd0
but when I start k3b it tells
me that id does not find any device. When I try to make it to recognize it, k3b
tells me that I can't find any device.
All the requested programs are present
(cdrdao, cdrecord dvd+rw-format and so on).
I've seen that DTBSD has configured
a group <mount>, which is not present in FBSD, but I don't understand if this
is a problem.
What should I verify? Or what should I configure and how?
Thanks
for any help.

Marco