New snd_hda driver came in.

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 28 07:31:00 UTC 2008

Hi.

Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> I just noticed that my speakers still play (very softly) when my
> headphone jack is inserted.

May be your codec has no muter on speaker pin and driver uses it's
volume control instead.

> Also, when playing back, the optical port is activated.

Is it good or bad? :) I have no optical ports, but my copper one seems
to be enabled only when data stream present there. At least by receiver
displays so.

> My hardware is a MacBook Pro.  Let me know what to do to extract
> the information you need to debug this.

Verbose kernel boot messages would be good.

--
Alexander Motin