New snd_hda driver came in.

Alex Keda admin at lissyara.su
Wed Sep 17 09:35:26 UTC 2008

Alexander Motin пишет:
> Hi.
>
> I have just committed my massive snd_hda driver update to the 8-CURRENT.
>
> Because of using more clear and same time more functional codec parser
> new driver is able to handle more codecs, use them better then before
> and without most of previous quirks. All of tested codecs itself
> manage playback, record, input mixing and monitoring quite fine. In
> all of investigated trouble cases problem was found or in nonstandard
> codec usage or in incorrect codec configuration made by BIOS. Most of
> that cases could be fixed using device hints, some of which are
> already included to the driver.
>
> New driver supports multiple codecs per HDA bus, multiple audio
> function groups per codec and multiple logical sound devices per audio
> function group. So don't worry when you get several PCM devices
> instead of one, it is normal. It is usual situation with powerful
> codecs to provide, for example, 3 PCM devices: one for 7.1 playback
> and main recording, one for headset and one for digital SPDIF I/O.
>
> New driver implements Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) much better
> then previous one. Most information about recommended codec usage now
> taken from the codec configuration registers initialized by BIOS. User
> may alter that configuration using device hints to reconfigure logical
> audio devices to his needs in a very broad range up to the limits of
> the codec functionality.
>
> New driver supports digital PCM playback and AC3 pass-through. I am
> not sure about completeness of this implementation, but I have several
> success stories including my own. Vchans subsystem does not support
> AC3 pass-through so it had to be disabled for that devices at this
> moment.
>
> New driver is ready for multichannel playback, but until our OSS is
> unable to use this it will just duplicate same stereo stream into all
> channel pairs.
>
> New driver supports suspend/resume. I am unable to really test this
> part myself, but I have got several success stories.
>
> Driver has very informative verbose boot messages. So if you have any
> questions or problems - enable and read them first.
>
> Driver was actively discussed and tested on freebsd-multimedia@ mail
> list.

after today update source, not work internal speaker...
phones - works...
lissyara$ dmesg | grep hda
hdac0: <ATI SB600 High Definition Audio Controller> mem
0xd8900000-0xd8903fff irq 16 at device 20.2 on pci0
hdac0: <HDA Driver Revision: 20080916_0112>
hdac0: [ITHREAD]
hdac0: <HDA Codec #3: Realtek ALC262>
pcm0: <HDA codec #3 Realtek ALC262 PCM #0> on hdac0
lissyara$ uname -a
FreeBSD lissyara.moskb.local 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Sep
17 10:41:27 MSD 2008
lissyara at lissyara.moskb.local:/tmp/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
lissyara$

before update work and phones and speaker (but, when plug phones speaker
not dead =()
how say driver use internal speaker?