Sound on Dell Inspiron 1525

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 6 05:59:18 UTC 2008

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> Alexander Motin wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

>>> Here is dmesg and cat /dev/sndstat.
>>
>> I have asked verbose logs, but this is normal. Add
>> boot_verbose="YES"
>> to your loader.conf or select it from the boot menu. All I can see now
>> is that your pcm0/dsp0 device is not from your most featured codec.
>
> My apologies.  Here it is.

Looks good.

Your first codec is a modem and it is not supported.
Second codec presents:
  pcm0 - digital connector playback (SPDIF or HDMI).
Third codec presents:
  pcm1 - Speaker/Headphones playback with Headphones jack detection and
Speaker auto mute, recording from internal or external mics,
  pcm2 - Line-out connector playback,
  pcm3 - digital connector playback (SPDIF or HDMI).

So the first thing you should try is to play something via pcm1/dsp1.

--
Alexander Motin