Mplayer-plugin + Firefox

Francis Dubé freebsd at optiksecurite.com
Fri Sep 5 17:31:18 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm using Mplayer plugin with Firefox 2.0.0.14 on FreeBSD 7.0. On boot,
I automatically launch fluxbox then firefox (firefox --fullscreen
http://127.0.0.1/index.php) and on that local webpage I play videos in
loop using a .wax playlist.

The problem is : Everytime I reboot, the first time my browser with
mplayer-plugin startup it never work, there's just a gray page showing
"Mplayer-Plugin, Playing http://127.0.0.1/playlist.wax". If I restart
firefox it works fine almost everytime (like 95% of the time it works
fine after I restarted firefox, 5% of the time i get the same result).

At the moment I created a script that launch firefox once, then kill it,
then launch it again. It's working...but kinda crappy. Anyone got an idea ?

Thanks,

Francis Dube