PVR-150 improvements

Stefan Ehmann shoesoft at gmx.net
Thu Sep 4 05:33:12 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 22:24:53 Martin Ziegler wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:15:45 +0200
> > From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft at gmx.net>
> > Subject: PVR-150 improvements
> > To: freebsd-multimedia at freebsd.org
> >
> > I recently acquired a PVR-150 card and had some issues with
> > the pvrxxx port. I
> Nice work.
>
> I've 2 notes:
> - The directory pvrxxx/work and is not present by default.
>   So you can't patch the files directly.
Should have mentioned that. It works if you run "make patch" in the pvrxxx
directory and apply the patch afterwards.

The reason for this was readability. E.g. tveeprom.c is only available as
patch in the files directory. And I find patches against patches rather ugly.

> - Works with a PVR-150 or a PVR-350 but not both at the
>   same time. If both are present in the system, only the PVR-350
>   works (as cxm1).
Not sure about the PVR-350. But at least it breaks the PVR-250 remote (which
is fatal I think). The current patch is just for testing and might break other
cards. This has to be fixed if it should be included in the main source.

--
Stefan