Hda patch from this day

Robert Noland rnoland at 2hip.net
Tue Sep 2 17:28:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 00:45 +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
> Robert Noland wrote:
> >> pcm0: <HDA codec Realtek ALC260 PCM #0> at hdac0 cad 0
> >> kld snd_hda [20080825_0100] [GIANT] (0p:0v/1r:1v channels default)
> >
> > Giant?  That could be the source of my boot hang.  My root filesys is
> > off of usb, which is also Giant, so if your holding the lock...
>
> I think I have found and fixed [GIANT] source. It is possible that boot
> hang had the same reason. Try new patch please.

Sorry, I was still experiencing the hang if un-docked with the patch
from the 28th.  I did get a backtrace, which pointed to two threads
sitting in cv_wait following pcm_register, iirc... I'll look and see if
you have a later patch and try and capture the full trace if it still
isn't working.  This is an smp machine, if that helps...

Thanks for your work.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at 2hip.net>