Mencoder

newbie at poq.co.za newbie at poq.co.za
Mon Oct 27 08:00:45 UTC 2008

> On Friday 24 October 2008 08:40:04 newbie at poq.co.za wrote:
>> Hi There
>>
>> I have a Brooktree chipped card. It's got 4 video inputs.
>> I'm trying to record video, no audio from all 4 channels
>> of the card using mencoder. I use fxtv to display video
>> on the seperate channels. I get video on all of them. This
>> is the command I use
>>
>> fxtv -disableDirectV -inputFormat paln -deviceNumber 0
>> fxtv -disableDirectV -inputFormat paln -deviceNumber 1
>> fxtv -disableDirectV -inputFormat paln -deviceNumber 2
>> fxtv -disableDirectV -inputFormat paln -deviceNumber 3
>>
>> So i got video on all of them, but when I record using
>> mencoder I only get video on the first device. Device
>> (1,2 and 3) got no video(blue screen). But from fxtv
>> it works fine.
>>
>> mencoder -tv
>> device=/dev/bktr0,/dev/tuner0:driver=bsdbt848:width=640:height=480:norm=pal
>> tv:// -o tv.avi -ovc lavc -nosound
>> mencoder -tv
>> device=/dev/bktr1,/dev/tuner1:driver=bsdbt848:width=640:height=480:norm=pal
>> tv:// -o tv.avi -ovc lavc -nosound
>> mencoder -tv
>> device=/dev/bktr2,/dev/tuner2:driver=bsdbt848:width=640:height=480:norm=pal
>> tv:// -o tv.avi -ovc lavc -nosound
>> mencoder -tv
>> device=/dev/bktr3,/dev/tuner3:driver=bsdbt848:width=640:height=480:norm=pal
>> tv:// -o tv.avi -ovc lavc -nosound
>>
>> I have read the man pages for mencoder, but still no joy.
>> Its probally a syntax problem. Can anyone please help me.
>
> Have you tried playing around with the "input" parameter? I needed to set
> it
> to 1 on my old bktr card (which had only one input though).

Yes I have, and I noticed some strange results. For Example the device
parameter is completely ignored. I can change it to 99(/dev/bktr99), and
will still run. And mplayer will always display (/dev/bktr0) video. It's
must be ignoring the device input, I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

mplayer -tv
device=/dev/bktr1,tuner=/dev/tuner1:driver=bsdbt848:input=1:chanlist=europe-west
tv://
mplayer -tv device=/dev/bktr3:driver=bsdbt848:input=1:chanlist=europe-west
tv://

This is the latest port versions installed
gmencoder-0.1.0_10
mplayer-0.99.11_8
mplayer-skins-1.1.2_6

Thanks