FreeBSD as a HTPC!

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Thu Nov 27 11:34:27 PST 2008

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:34:52 +0100
Anders Troback <freebsd at troback.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a HTPC application for FreeBSD!

FWIW, I am using MythTV as a PVR (only analog cable ATM).
But - my frontend (the one connected to the TV) is a MAc mini (PowerPC
G4).
This (the Mac mini) also works as a media player, getting media content
from a FreeBSD file server (using Samba). I am using VLC on the Mac
mini as the media player program.

> Is there anyone out there that are using FreeBSD as a HTPC? If yes,
> what are you using to make this happen?

Decide for yourself if my solution counts as a FreeBSd solution. It
works for me. :-)