Creative Webcam and linux-gspca-kmod problem

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Sun Nov 16 16:25:55 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:28:09PM +0100, Nikola Le??i?? wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've bought a Creative Live! Notebook Pro webcam following the
> recommendation from this post:
>
>   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2008-July/008833.html

sorry for jumping into the thread late.
i am not sure how whether your camera matches the one mentioned in my post
above (unfortunately the keywords in the name are totally meaningless,
and there is this bad habit of using the same name for totally different
devices).

As someone mentioned, if the camera requires isochronous mode then it
won't work. Some cameras do fall back to non-isochronous mode on
USB1, which however requires that you connect the camera
to an USB1 hub (assuming you can find one) or directly to the host
and removing the "ehci" controller from the kernel config file
(as annoying as it might be).

cheers
luigi