Intel 82801I hda, STAC9271D codec: problem(s)

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Nov 12 09:07:00 PST 2008

on 12/11/2008 18:08 Alexander Motin said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 06/11/2008 14:23 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>> I performed the upgrade, here's new verbose dmesg:
>> http://www.icyb.net.ua/~avg/hda.newest.dmesg.gz
>>
>> Now HDA behaves more reasonable, quite close to what you predicted: pcm0
>> provides both playback and recording through rear jacks. Playback
>> through front still doesn't work, recording through front isn't tested,
>> but I don't expect much changes. I haven't tested pcm1 usage either.
>
> Now I see that pcm0 includes all analog playback and recording. The only
> problem is that your case front connectors does not report jeck
> insertion, so audio never switched there. You may try to add
> hint.hdac.0.cad2.nid10.config="misc 1"
> to give driver hint that jack sensing is not supported. I expect it
> should give you headphones connector working all the time.

Alexander,

yes, this is it!
With this hint (hint.hdac.0.cad2.nid10.config="misc=1") I now get
playback from both front and back. Also, I just tested that 'mic' record
source corresponds to back connector and 'monitor' to front connector,
both work ('line' is not tested).

One minor complaint is that there are the following knobs for mixer:
$ mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  92:92
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  93:93
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  30:30
Mixer rec      is currently set to  45:45
Recording source: monitor

Because there is no volume control for mic or monitor, program like kmix
display only "outputs" panel and there is no "inputs" panel. Because of
that I can not switch recording sources via gui.
But this is very minor.

--
Andriy Gapon