Intel 82801I hda, STAC9271D codec: problem(s)

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Nov 4 15:19:14 PST 2008

I have Intel DG33TL (BLKDG33TLM) mainboard based on G33 chipset, it
features Sigmatel STAC9271D HDA codec.
http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/DG33TL/DG33TL-overview.htm

I use stable/7 (amd64) as of yesterday.
I tried both unpatched snd_hda and slightly tweaked "new snd_hda" via
hda.7.20080913.patch.

With old code I get one pcm device, playback works through both front
and rear headphone jacks, recording doesn't work through either.

With new code I get two dsp devices, nether playback nor recording work
at all. Tried both dsp devices, tried all jacks.

I am attaching gzipped verbose dmesgs for both versions of the driver.

Thank you for any help in advance.

--
Andriy Gapon