Call for testers: MythTV 0.21 port upgrade

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Sat Nov 1 10:01:33 PDT 2008

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:05:16 -0400
Greg Larkin <glarkin at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been working on PR 126343
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/126343) to get
> MythTV upgraded to 0.21 on FreeBSD.
>
> At the moment, I have a port that compiles cleanly, installs, starts
> up the frontend and deinstalls correctly on 7.0.  Of course, whether
> it will actually record TV, playback, etc. is another matter
> altogether. :)
>
> Is anyone out there willing to test out the port upgrade? I have a
> mini-ITX PC here that could be set up for testing, but I need to get a
> capture card first, unless MythTV will work with a USB capture dongle.
>
> In the mean time, I've placed the ports tree patch here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~glarkin/diffs/mythtv-0.21.diff
>
> If you're game, download it, cd to the top of your ports tree and run:
>
> patch -E < /patch/download/dir/mythtv-0.21.diff
>
> You should then remove the *.orig files in the multimedia/mythtv/files
> directory.
>
> Bug reports, port improvements and all feedback are welcome.  I've
> also adopted the port and hope to incorporate any suggestions sent my
> way.

Thats great! Have you seen ports/127856 ports/127857 and ports/128419?

Because i have looked at your patch and it looks similar to the first
PR but judging from the compile problems that got posted to this
thread you're actually exactly where i was when writing the patches.
PLEASE have a look at them because i see no sense in duplicating that
work.

When i think about the differences of you patch and ports/127856 i am
not sure if there is anything that prevents it from working as a
backend too. But i have no DVB-S card that is supported by FreeBSD so i
cannot test it and only created a mythtv-frontend port which is
actually working quite good for me. Runs perfectly fine with an
mythbuntu backend.

All that compile problems that were replied to this thread are already
fixed as part of ports/127856. The reason is, that mythtv 0.21 uses a
weird combination of ".." and "../.." in their include paths and so
include libavcodec from /usr/local which is wrong because they have
libavcodec included in their mythtv source package.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/