k3b devices

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed May 7 23:51:34 UTC 2008

Quoting Richard Bown <richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk>:

> Hi
> I've managed to get k3b to compile I hope with HAL support.
> I had to edit the Makefile, as there is no option on the config gui:-
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-k3bsetup=yes --without-resmgr --with-hal
>
> Hal is built, but not running.
> and I can't see anything in the handbook on manually starting a
> daemon, hald

In /etc/rc.conf
hald_enable="YES"

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/hald start

IIRC and your disk isn't sccsi you should probably have
  device  atapicam
in your kernel configuration file and build a new kernel. (Might be outdated)

Actually k3b works fine for me without hald.  I find hald a bit too
enthusiastic for my taste.

I also have the device permissions assigned for non root users in
devfs.conf.  That may no longer be necessary and I normally burn as
root on my laptop even though it isn't recommended.

Hope this helps get you started.

ed