usb mouse

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Sun May 4 18:49:12 UTC 2008

Richard-1 wrote:
> Hi all
> Sorry to post to this list, I havn't had the e-mail back on the
> general list yet.
>
> Has anyone got a USB Wheel optical mouse PS/2 compatable,
> Could you please let me know the protocol section in xorg.conf
> is.
> According to the xorg.conf on the linux partition its listed as
> "ExplorePS/2"
>
> ON a console its working, mouse deamon looks happy, but on X with
> gnome, its not working.
>
> I've tried changing  from option "Protocol" "auto" to "ExporerPS/2"
> but still nothing.
> It was working before on the default desktop, but not in gnome.
>
> Ideas please

I'm using MS mouse which is USB, optical with scroll button :)

Here is what I have in my xorg.con :

Section "InputDevice"

     Identifier  "Mouse1"
     Driver      "mouse"
     Option "Protocol"   "Auto"
     #Option "Protocol"    "MouseSystems"
     Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
     Option "Buttons" "5"
     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

EndSection

I think you should have moused_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf to be able
to use sysmouse as option in X.

Hope this helps :)

--

Best Wishes,