Edirol UA-25 USB (ext)Audio/sound card; FreeBSD7.0-Release ; no sound

Rick Nekus solarux at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:52:11 UTC 2008

hey thanks for reply (and sorry, I accidently hit reply-all so you got this too :)

-the edirol UA-25 is supported with ALSA drivers (right now more linux so than freebsd ?)
I guess this ai'nt an easy port according to some ie.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-May/047803.html   (its a bit dated)

-also, at the risk of sounding redundant, I'm a little behind on this but is there any commercial OSS ?, ..., audio-driver support available for this usb audio device that can work with FreeBSD ?
the obvious reason being, we'd like to eventually use midi (which does require the "Advanved" switch on)

thanks again,
Rick.> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 08:59:38 +0100> From: clemens at ladisch.de> To: solarux at hotmail.com> CC: freebsd-multimedia at freebsd.org> Subject: Re: Edirol UA-25 USB (ext)Audio/sound card; FreeBSD7.0-Release ; no sound> > Rick Nekus wrote:> > UA-25 switches:> > Advanced -> off> > This should make the device class compliant, but this switch doesn't> take effect until you plug the device in the computer (again).

yup
> > > I bought it because according to "google" this would probably work> > fine (in unix/linux/BSD).> > When not in Advanced Mode, the device should work, but you get only> 44.1 kHz and no MIDI. For Advanced Mode, the driver needs support code> to handle the missing descriptors; currently, only Linux has this.

ahhh ok.