pidgin: make failed

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Mar 5 21:50:54 UTC 2008

BTW: Add CC'ing to Peter, since you have same error in your
gstreamer-plugins-ogg build.

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:10:59 -0600, <agremm at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> checking for GST... no
> configure: Requested 'gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.14.1' but version of
> GStreamer is 0.10.14
> configure: error: no gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.14.1 (GStreamer) found
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>
> I hope that helps to even improve your great effort!

This error means that you have out of date gstreamer version. We have
gstreamer 0.10.15 and you have 0.10.14 installed, the configure required
0.10.14.1 or above. The thumb of rule to use ports tree is always to make
sure you update your installed ports first before you try to install
something. In that case, use portupgrade or portmaster and be sure to read
in /usr/ports/UPDATING first.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Thank you all so much for FreeBSD :)