pvrxxx recording

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:20:34 UTC 2008

> MPEG4 with a lot of options specified.  The problem is the CPU overhead >>
> real time.

The CPU overhead didn't even stress my computer

ffmpeg -i /dev/cxm0 -vcodec mpeg4 -acodec mp2 -ac 2 -b 2000 test.avi

75-90% load on one CPU core

It gave me the quality I wanted,  It fuzzed twice in the first twenty
seconds, but after that, it was perfectly fine, video-wise.

The only issue was audio sync, and I remember there is something
related to formats and keyframes with that one - I just need to use a
different audio codec or storage format. Either way, researching that
shouldn't take too long.

Thanks.

-Jim Stapleton