kbtv2 sound saa.c

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:20:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:42:38AM +0100, Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 February 2008 18:55:56 you wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > thanks for the hints, but I must admit that I'm totally lost here -
> > where can I tweak sound carrier frequency?
>
> There doesn't seem to be a canned-in way (only for setting NTSC vs PAL), but
> Sidney's information gave me a second datapoint (for the actual value to be
> set to "audio_options.sao_siffreq1"). It stands to logic that it's not only a
> linear but also a proportional equation to convert the actual freq to the
> required registry value. In terms of numbers I made it work, and there seems
> to be a certain logic in terms of (audio) output frequency.
>
> I think the attached patch will work for you, as well as for PAL I (UK) and
> hopefully also for NTSC. The sif is switched when broadcast standard gets
> changed.
>
> Here (B/G) it used to be that with other PAL variants the sound would remain.
> With the current working version of the saa backend it gets noise (most cases
> mixed with the actual original sound) if I switch away from B/G to any other
> PAL type as well as if I switch to NTSC, then it gets a heavy pulse-like
> noise. Once I switch back to B/G sound is ok again.
>
> Please try attached patches (1.93 working version, not beta3 yet) to saa.c and
> saa.h.

Doesn't help. I'll try to look at the code.

There's another problem - I get panics with saa driver:

panic: Trying sleep, but thread marked as sleeping prohibited
cpuid = 0
KDB: stack backtrace:
db_trace_self_wrapper() at db_trace_self_wrapper+0x2a
panic() at panic+0x17d
sleepq_add() at sleepq_add+0x2e1
_sx_slock_hard() at _sx_slock_hard+0x15d
_sx_slock() at _sx_slock+0xc1
pfind() at pfind+0x24
saa_intr() at saa_intr+0x313
ithread_loop() at ithread_loop+0xda
fork_exit() at fork_exit+0x12a
fork_trampoline() at fork_trampoline+0xe
--- trap 0, rip = 0, rsp = 0xffffffffac3c0d30, rbp = 0 ---
Uptime: 26m18s
Physical memory: 2034 MB
Dumping 190 MB: 175 159 143 127 111 95 79 63 47 31 15

I can provide more details if needed.

Yuri