kbtv2 sound saa.c

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:27:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:19:40AM +0100, Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2008 18:28:02 you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have AverTv Studio 307 (SAA7134HL MK3).
> > I have no sound while using kbtv2-1.92, only noise, because in my
> > country sound carrier frequency equal 6.5 MHz (D/K).
> > I have written addition (based on set_audioopt.c) for a file
> > kbtv/drivers/saa/saa.c.
> >
> > This is not a patch (just quirk), cos I do not use your GUI.
> > I have no idea why 0x876AAA = 6.5 Mhz - if you can explain it to me,
> > i'll be glad.
> >
> > I can tell only, that it works for PAL D/K MONO (i can not test other
> > standarts ), and now I can watch TV on my freebsd (I use my own gtk2
> > frontend).
> >
> > All The Best
> >
> > Sidney S. Vokalistov <serjant at vokalistov.org>
> > icquin: 7616895
>
> I hope you don't mind me CC'ing this to Yuri and the multimedia@ list.
>
> I was suspecting this problem already. This is very useful, thank you very
> much!
>
> Thing is I was merely using the sound from the DAC (not actually CAPTUREing
> sound) but I nowhere set the audio carrier freqs, although they were in my
> saa.h from the beginning:
>
> #define FREQ_SND_PAL_B_G       5.5 // Sound carrier frequency, MHz (not used)
> #define FREQ_SND_PAL_I         6.0
> #define FREQ_SND_PAL_D_K_L     6.5
> #define FREQ_SND_NTSC          4.5
>
> That explains your 6.5 too I reckon :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

Dan,

thanks for the hints, but I must admit that I'm totally lost here -
where can I tweak sound carrier frequency?

BTW, I've found my old post -
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-January/005711.html

With those tda9887 settings driver "just worked" with bundled tvv
application (doesn't work for me anymore - I'm lacking xv extension with
NVIDIA 8600GT and xf86-video-nv).

TIA,
Yuri