Reccoding video for security application

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Thu Feb 14 01:06:29 PST 2008

Hi,

I have a small system build around FreeBSD 6.3 that detects when the
door is open (I dismatled a mouse and use the mouse button as switch
to detect the door opening).

I have a bktr848 video capture card in the machine and I would like to
reccord video and save it in a decent format (something that could
easily be played on most movie player on Windows and X, xvid, mpeg,
etc.) in the full 640x480 resolution.

I have been playing around with fxtv and dtv and transcode and...

Dtv can reccord the video to a file, but I don't know how to convert
this file into something that can be used.

Fxtv seems to work only at 320x240 resolution...

Thansk in advance,

Olivier