Unable to get OSD (and probably subtitles) in MPlayer

Lars Stokholm lars.stokholm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 09:53:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Lars Stokholm <lars.stokholm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On un, Aug 31, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Fred Woods
> <fred at comment.icecreamhasnobones.org> wrote:
>> Check to see if you have libiconv in /usr/lib
>> and in /usr/local/lib.
>
> It's in /usr/local/lib.
>
>> Also check to see if you have the includes
>> in /usr/include and /usr/local/include.
>
> iconv.h is in /usr/local/include.
>
>> Assuming you built from ports, you can run
>> make/gmake in the port's work/program dir
>> and look at the config.log for more details.
>
> I'm sure you're getting closer, but I don't know what to conclude from
> the log (I'm not a programmer). Here's the relevant part of
> configure.log: http://pastebin.com/f2da9c467
>
> Obviously it can't find iconv.h. I don't know why, though. I'm
> guessing that '-I...' is a reference to /usr/local/include, so
> everything should be fine...?

Since I haven't had this problem before, I had a look at recent
changes to the port and I saw that some changes have been made to a
patch on configure. I don't know if this is even relevant, but in case
it is: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/mplayer/files/patch-ad.diff?r1=1.32;r2=1.33;f=h