snd_hda debugging

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 23:52:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Kevin Downey <redchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a new laptop with I believe is a "Intel 82801GB HD Audio chip"
> snd_hda attaches and sound plays but sound continues to come from the
> speakers after I plug headphones into the headphone jack. I have seen
> similar problems and reports of fixing it using "quirks". How can I
> find out which quirks I need?

Please provide the notebook brand an model, as well as the
corresponding output of

    pciconf -lv

If you subscribe -multimedia then you may have been noticed about
Alexander Motin's update:

   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2008-August/008922.html

I strongly encourage you to try his patches. They solve several issues
used to require vendor-specific quirks.

--
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only
because you lack sufficient imagination.