RFC: massive snd_hda driver update to better conform UAA specification

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 15 13:59:57 UTC 2008

Oleg Sharoiko wrote:
> Here is my feedback: My box is Fujitsu-Siemens M460. With plain old
> driver jack sensing didn't work for me. I used to add quirks to make it
> working.
>
> This quirk made jack sensing work for rear-side line-out jack:
>
> #define FS_M460_SUBVENDOR      HDA_MODEL_CONSTRUCT(FS, 0x10ff)
>        { FS_M460_SUBVENDOR, HDA_CODEC_ALC262, HDAC_HP_SWITCH_CTL,
>            0, 0, -1, 20, { 22, -1 }, -1 },
>
> And this one for front panel headphones jack:
>        { FS_M460_SUBVENDOR, HDA_CODEC_ALC262, HDAC_HP_SWITCH_CTL,
>            0, 0, -1, 27, { 22, -1 }, -1 },
>
> With new driver it seems that internal speaker is always disabled. I
> couldn't get it to play anything through it. Plugging headphones into
> front-panel doesn't disable speakers connected to the line-out. I guess
> this has something to do with
>
> hdac0: No jack detection support at pin 27 173e 1 221451f 1

According to 1 in lower bit of misc in pins configuration:

hdac0: nid 27 0x0221451f as  1 seq 15    Headphones  Jack jack  1 loc  2
color   Green misc 5

your hardware vendor tells that pin 27 (and most of others) does not
support jack sensing. If you said it is working, then he is incorrect
and you can fix this with device hints like
hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid27.config="misc 0"

I am not sure what happens now if redirection is requested and there is
no sensing support. May happened then one or another output will be
muted as in your case. I need to check that.

--
Alexander Motin