RFC: massive snd_hda driver update to better conform UAA specification

Angel Arancibia angel.arancibia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 12:54:56 UTC 2008

2008/8/12 Alexander Motin <mav at freebsd.org>:
> Hi.
>
> I have made major snd_hda driver rewrite. I will be grateful for reviews and
> any positive or negative feedbacks.
>
> Here is my patches: http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/
>
> For 8-CURRENT use:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/hda.20080812.patch
>
> For 7-STABLE try (I have no place to test it, but it builds):
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/hda.7.20080812.patch

Last night me and Carlos were discussing about it. The patch seems not
to apply correctly well. I tried in 7-RELEASE (I know you said
7-STABLE, but it was all I had). Now I'm doing cvsup to 7-STABLE in
order to try again.

The mentioned error:

patch -C -p0 < /home/aragh0rn/cosas/hda.7.20080812.patch
all succeed except
Hunk #11 failed at 652

Thanks for your work.

Angel

PS: Carlos try to apply to yesterday snapshot and mentioned something
like that  the patch was attempting to add changes already in place,
but I'm not sure at all if that was what he exactly said.