linux-kmod-compat and linux-gspca-kmod updated

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Apr 9 21:09:15 UTC 2008

Quoting Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at iet.unipi.it>:

> for those interested, i have finally updated the two ports
> in the subject so that they build on RELENG_7 - you should
> now be able to use webcams there as well.

If it works on RELENG_7 I am assuming that it should work on CURRENT
and on AMD64.  On my amd64 laptop I have tried to build the port
several times and consistently get the following error with a
redefinition of msleep.

In file included from gspca_core.c:39:
/usr/local/share/linux-kmod-compat/linux_compat/linux/module.h:212:1:
error: "msleep" redefined
In file included from
/usr/local/share/linux-kmod-compat/linux_compat/linux/module.h:45,
                  from gspca_core.c:39:
@/sys/systm.h:305:1: error: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from gspca_core.c:52:
/usr/local/share/linux-kmod-compat/linux_compat/linux/usb.h:171:12:
error: missing terminating ' character
*** Error code 1

This followed a rebuild of linux-kmod-compat.  Any suggestions on
getting it to compile?  FWIW, I have the same problem with
multimedia/linux-ov511-kmod.  I'm trying both is hope to get my
builtin web cam working.

port 3 addr 2: high speed, power 500 mA, config 1, Acer CrystalEye
webcam(0xa101), SuYin(0x064e), rev 1.00

Thanks,

ed