multimedia/vlc

Robert Kopp kopp.robert at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 21:31:50 PDT 2007

Gentlemen:

I would like to use vlc to make video clips with a Logitech 3000 (Philips) Webcam. I was able to do just that on Ubuntu.

A patch for this purpose (that is, on FreeBSD) and instructions are found at:

http://raaf.atspace.org/

The patch, for vlc-0.8.5 (an older version) is copied to the source directory before compilation. The compilation finished.

I loaded the pwc.ko module and verified that it was working by obtaining a display with pwcview. However, after configuring vlc the same way as in Ubuntu, a display was not obtained.

Do you have any advice about this?

Regards--

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/