snd_hda: sound always via speaker, no sound in headphones

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 18 05:36:35 PDT 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:35:56 +0200
piotr.smyrak at heron.pl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am struggling with Lenovo ThinkCentre A55 and -STABLE:
>
> FreeBSD progone 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0:
> 	Fri Sep  7 14:07:32 CEST 2007
> 	root at progone:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JOB  i386
>
> The box has an integrated Intel sound card, that appears
> to be supported only by snd_hda driver.
>
> I downloaded and use Ariff's binary modules from:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/lowlatency/
>
> I tried to use headphones both connected to the front
> panel as well as to the back, but whenever I start playing
> anything, I get sound from the front panel speaker, and
> the headphones stay mute.

Since you're using binary modules, try these:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/sound.ko
    http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/snd_hda.ko

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........