Skype-1.4 on 6.2 (and 7.0-BETA1)

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Tue Oct 30 09:37:56 PDT 2007

Before, I had skype-1.2.0.18_4 on 6.2, which worked.

Today, I portupgraded to skype-1.4.0.118.

Now I only get: "Call Failed. Problem with Audio Playback".

I killed artsd and increased hw.snd.maxautovchans and autovchans, but
nothing helped.

Is the new version of Skype supposed to work on 6.2-RELEASE?

For comparison, I rebooted into my test install of 7.0-BETA1 and
installed skype-1.4.0.118 there. Starting skype gave me:

skype: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: ELF
file OS ABI invalid

I solved that problem with a solution from emulation (about matlab):

compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2 -> 2.4.20

Is this expected? (I guess this question should go on emulation.)

Anyhow, sound works on 7.0-BETA1.

Thanks,
Jan Henrik