OSS driver on current

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Fri Oct 12 08:31:10 PDT 2007

Hi all,

> Please can you tell me if the OSS driver is running on current?
> i installed and tried it, and when running osstest the computer locks
> up playing an infinite loop of near 1/2 second; same behaviour playing
> any sound files.

before I test the latest OSS driver (build 1008) on my
6.2-RELEASE-p8 / SB Live (which will be tonight), I have
some questions:

Are there any plans to integrate the "good bits" of the now-open
OSS code into the FreeBSD tree? Are there gonna be any changes
to the sound(4) interface? Are there gonna be drivers for the
good-but-yet-unsupported cards (MAudio, Envy)?

If yes, then I am willing to be testing the portions commited to
the tree. If no, does anyone have a serious comparison of the
OSS vs. native drivers?

	Thanks

		Jan