Zoneminder and multichannel cards

Mark Tinguely tinguely at casselton.net
Fri Oct 5 07:24:46 PDT 2007

Achilleas Mantzios asks:

>  So what i cant understand is:
>
>  1) How bktr understands about METEOR_DEV0, METEOR_DEV1, METEOR_DEV2,=20
>  METEOR_DEV3, how does it distinguish the 4 channels in LMLBT4M?

The device driver uses this ioctl to reprogram the input on the BT878.

>  2) How could i arrange smth similar, provided its not very time consuming?
>  ( i am trying to do all this at home hours, and they are extremely limited).
>  If you could have an idea on how to (easily) programmatically demux
>  the inputs, i'd be grateful.

I don't know how you are switching input relative to capture.
Fields mixing from other frames can also be DMA overflows in the capture.

In my opinion, if you have a working Linux version that you are happy with,
I suspect it will take more time tweeking the FreeBSD driver than you want
to spend. If you want to make some serious updates to the bktr driver,
the project could use a bktr maintainer.

--Mark Tinguely.