Zoneminder and multichannel cards

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Fri Oct 5 02:18:30 PDT 2007

Στις Πέμπτη 04 Οκτώβριος 2007 19:32, γράψατε:
> Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> > I have successfully (and painfully!) managed to get correct quality video
> > out of ZoneMinder zoneminder-1.22.3, on 6.2-RELEASE-p4 with the LMLBT4M
> > card. (card info on
> > http://www.linuxmedialabs.com/product_details.php?prodid=320).
> >
> > However i cant instantiate a second instance of the video capture daemon
> > of zoneminder (zmc), because of a "/dev/bktr0: Device busy" error.
> >
> > Is it possible to open /dev/bktr0 from two programms at the same time?
>
> I thought that that card only had one video channel, and that it switched
> the video inputs .

I think they are multiplexed, at least the big model LMLBT44, can support up
to 4 full rate inputs or 8 multiplexed video inputs, which in zoneminder
(under linux) translates
to 8 surveillance cameras.
At work we have deployed the above successfully (LMLBT44 + ZM under debian + 8
cameras) .
In the evening i'll try to boot a zoneminder-ready linux live CD to verify if
this the case with the smaller model (LMLBT44).

--
Achilleas Mantzios