kern/118136: [sound] [hda] HDA driver silent on MacBook3,1

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Tue Nov 20 06:10:02 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/118136; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>
To: Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/118136: [sound] [hda] HDA driver silent on MacBook3,1
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:02:03 +0100

 --T/M61er1Kkwq3bEY

 * Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
 > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:55:25 +0100
 > Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> wrote:
 > > * Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
 > > > Try various config options through hint.pcm.%d.config , possibly
 > > > gpio0,1,2 , ovref, etc..
 > >=20
 > > I can confirm that setting hint.pcm.0.config to gpio0 the audio
 > > output works, but the headjack doesn't, which means rerouting to the
 > > headjack is done in software. I'm not an expert when it comes to
 > > sound cards. Is this normal? If so, does the snd_hda driver support?
 > >=20
 >=20
 > Have you tried ovrefXX ? Possibly ovref80, etc. Multiples options can
 > be combined, ssv or csv.

 ovref and ovref80 have no effect, but if I use ovref50 or ovref100,
 audio output also works on the headjack, but it doesn't silence output
 on the internal speakers.

 --=20
  Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>
  WWW: http://g-rave.nl/