kern/118136: [sound] [hda] HDA driver silent on MacBook3,1

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Tue Nov 20 01:00:09 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/118136; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>
To: Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/118136: [sound] [hda] HDA driver silent on MacBook3,1
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:55:25 +0100

 --KC8G+boRvJEnfJv0

 * Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
 > Try various config options through hint.pcm.%d.config , possibly
 > gpio0,1,2 , ovref, etc..

 I can confirm that setting hint.pcm.0.config to gpio0 the audio output
 works, but the headjack doesn't, which means rerouting to the headjack
 is done in software. I'm not an expert when it comes to sound cards. Is
 this normal? If so, does the snd_hda driver support?

 --=20
  Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>
  WWW: http://g-rave.nl/

 --KC8G+boRvJEnfJv0