Miro (Democracy) player port is here...

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Nov 18 08:54:07 PST 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:50:17 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:08:20 -0600, Randy Pratt
> <bsd-unix at embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> That worked for the installation.  Thanks!
>
> Good, I have updated miro.shar in the same place. Thanks too!
>
>> Although, when Miro was started, it displayed and was loading
>> then seg faulted with:

>> INFO     First URL is https://www.miroguide.com/firsttime
>> TIMING   Icon clear: 0.002
>> INFO     Starting movie data updates
>> INFO     Finished startup sequence
>> TIMING   idle (finalizing startup) too slow (3.984 secs)
>> INFO     *** Daemon ready ***
>> INFO     got file:///tmp/tmpacEbWZ.html
>> TIMING   gtkAsyncMethod: <function selectDisplay at 0x8bbe064> took too
>> long: 1.109 INFO     got file:///tmp/tmpA7pWuk.html
>> WARNING  downloader: connection closed -- quitting
>> INFO     Shutting down downloaders...
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Ummm... It doesn't give enough info.. Can you see *.core file in there?
> If you do, then try to run this:
>
> 	# gdb foo foo.core
> 	# bt
> 	# bt full
>
> You might have to reinstall miro with debug (WITH_DEBUG=yes). I will
> have to recheck in my build log to make sure everything compile with
> -pthread.

BTW: Try to run something like 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpthread.so miro'
(or /usr/lib/libthr.so) to see if it works for you. If it does, then will
have to search somewhere that need to add -pthread. I don't have FreeBSD
6.x box anymore, so you or someone will have to keep test for me. ;-)

Cheers,
Mezz

>> The system is lightly loaded and plenty of bandwidth so I don't
>> think its any problem in that area.  Seems to be something related
>> to not being fast enough.
>
> I get some of that too, but it still works fine.

> TIMING   gtkAsyncMethod: <function initRenderers at 0x28c05cdc> took too
> long: 1.334
> TIMING   gtkSyncMethod: <function getDisplay at 0x28c3102c> took too
> long: 1.409
> INFO     First URL is https://www.miroguide.com/firsttime
> TIMING   Icon clear: 0.001
> INFO     Starting movie data updates
> INFO     Finished startup sequence
> TIMING   idle (finalizing startup) too slow (2.255 secs)
> INFO     *** Daemon ready ***
> INFO     got file:///tmp/tmpaJxa9l.html
> INFO     got file:///tmp/tmpprus9z.html
> INFO     got https://www.miroguide.com/firsttime
> INFO     Checking for updates...
> INFO     Up to date.
> WARNING: u'None' has no scheme
> WARNING: Assuming port 80 for scheme:
> WARNING: u'None' has no scheme
> WARNING: Assuming port 80 for scheme:
> WARNING: u'None' has no scheme
> WARNING: Assuming port 80 for scheme:
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Randy

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org