Miro (Democracy) player port is here...

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Nov 18 07:07:52 PST 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 01:51:05 -0600, Michael Johnson <ahze at ahze.net> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2007, at 10:52 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> One of my friend beg me to create a port of Miro, so I did. ;-) Hopeful
>> I have covered all dependencies. There is only a known issue is that
>> for some reason it doesn't show thumbnail. Other than thumbnail, it
>> downloads, displays video and etc work great. Feel free to report bug
>> or whatever under this thread. Have fun.
>>

>> What is Miro?
>> Miro is a free application that turns your computer into an internet TV
>> video player.
>>
>> WWW: http://www.getmiro.com/
>>

>> Get port and install it.
>> 	# fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/shar/miro.shar
>> 	# sh miro.shar
>> 	# cd miro ; make install clean
>>
>> BTW: If you already have boost installed, you will have to uninstall
>> and install it with WITH_PYTHON or install devel/boost-python. I
>> already have requested to the maintainer of boost(-python) to see if he
>> can get boost and boost-python unconflict.
>>

> what does it use for the flash videos?

I am not sure exactly, I have linux-flash7 and nspluginwrapper installed.
I have tried to do YouTube and it seems work fine. Miro is using gecko
stuff. Maybe it just uses libxine or something else that I am not sure. I
can remove nspluginwrapper and test it to see if YouTube still works.

Cheers,
Mezz

>> Cheers,
>> Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org