kern/114760: [snd_cmi] snd_cmi driver causing sporadic system hangs

Brian O'Shea b_oshea at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 10:20:03 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/114760; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brian O'Shea <b_oshea at yahoo.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Cc: b_oshea at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: kern/114760: [snd_cmi] snd_cmi driver causing sporadic system hangs
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:47:54 -0800 (PST)

 This happens with both the snd_cmi kernel module and with the
 driver compiled into the kernel.  I also tried both debug and
 performance builds, with the same result.

 Interestingly, with the system booted in single-user mode the
 problem does not happen.  I will try narrowing it down further.
 Perhaps it is caused by an interaction between the driver and
 other kernel modules (which would not be loaded in single-user
 mode).